TIPS: You can use red wine vinegar and Roquefort cheese for a more robust dressing So, let’s be honest, what would make a person like a cheese that smell like feet?? I have no idea, but I know is delicious. I love blue cheese in […]
TIPS: Instead of chives, you can use Italian seasoning or your favorite dried herbs to play with the flavor. The first time I made this Balsamic vinaigrette was at my mom’s house, I was helping her cook for a tea party she was […]
HOUSE VINAIGRETTE RECIPE
Every house has a quick vinaigrette, just some few ingredients that you put together and call it a house dressing or vinagrette. Here's mine, enjoy
- 2 tablespoons APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
- 2 teaspoons DIJON MUSTARD
- 1 tablespoon ITALIAN SEASONING
- 1/2 teaspoon KOSHER SALT and PEPPER
- 1/3 cup OLIVE OIL
- 1/3 cup CANOLA OIL
- Step 1 In a mixing bowl place, the vinegar, Dijon mustard, Italian seasoning and whisk in slowly the oils. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Step 2 Transfer to a glass airtight container and refrigerate, make to use it within 8 days.
- You can make your own mix of herbs for this dressing
It took me like 3 restaurants to work for to understand that the House Vinaigrette or dressing is just a simple mixture of a few ingredients, pretty much all the same. I thought that the “house vinaigrette” was this special creation that the Chef keep hidden somewhere and only he knew the ingredients for this “secret” recipe. Turns out, every restaurant has a “House vinaigrette or dressing” and it’s always the same combination of oil, vinegar, herbs, salt and pepper.
So, now that we’ve uncovered this mystery, why don’t you go all fancy on your next dinner and present to your family your new “House Vinaigrette”. If you want to sound fancy at your house when visits come over, just serve them a few mix greens, add some veggies and toss them lightly with your own vinaigrette.
You can borrow mine if you don’t feel like creating your own, I’ll even share with you my Summer Salad Recipe.
All you’ve to do now is get your ingredients ready and LET’S GET COOKING!!