SUSHI TUNA SALAD
Seared Sushi grade tuna with cabbage, peppers, cucumbers, pickled ginger and Asian vinaigrette, all I have to say is AMAZING!!
- 2 sushi grade AHI TUNA steaks
- 2 tablespoons SESAME SEED OIL
- 2 tablespoons CANOLA OIL
- 2 tablespoon SOY SAUCE
- 2 tablespoons TOASTED SESAME SEEDS
- 2 tablespoon SESAME SEEDS
- 1 cup ASIAN VINAIGRETTE
- 2 cups COLESLAW mix (get a bag from any store)
- ¼ cup of YELLOW PEPPER cut in fine strings
- ½ shaved CUCUMBER
- WASABI paste as needed
- PICKLED GINGER as needed
- Step 1 In a bowl or plastic container mix the sesame oil, canola oil and soy sauce, then marinate with this liquid the tuna steaks for 15 minutes
- Step 2 In a plate or container mix regular and toasted sesame seeds, take the tuna steaks and coat them very well with the sesame seed mixture
- Step 3 In a very hot cast iron skillet sear the tuna steaks for 45 seconds in each side and 20 seconds on the borders, move the tuna to the fridge and let it cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Step 4 For the salad, start by prepping some of the garnishes, this is very simple, just get the yellow bell pepper remove the seeds and borders, then slice it finely. Then go ahead with the cucumber, peel it and make shavings lengthwise, save them for later.
- Step 5 Once you have the tuna and garnishes ready get going with the coleslaw mix, by placing it in a mixing bowl. Add the yellow bell pepper and mix everything with Asian vinaigrette.
- Step 6 To serve the salad, use a rectangular plate and place some pickled ginger in one corner and some wasabi in another corner. Then in the center you can place some coleslaw mixture, the cucumbers on top, and the sliced tuna.
- Step 7 Garnish with sesame seeds, Asian vinaigrette and fresh chili slices.