SUMMER SALAD RECIPE
Fresh ingredients that come in handy during spring and summer are perfect for a refreshing salad. The main ingredient is freshness, serve with a simple house dressing
- 8 cups SPRING MIX
- 2 VINE RIPENED TOMATOES halved and sliced
- 1 ENGLISH CUCUMBER sliced in rounds
- 16 ORANGE segments
- ½ RED ONION thinly sliced
- 1 medium size FRESH MOZZARELLA
- 2 tbsp of diced CHIVES
- ½ cup HOUSE DRESSING
- Step 1 Start by placing the spring mix on a large mixing bowl then add some extra virgin olive oil and coarse salt, toss everything very gently making sure that all leaves get coated with a little bit of olive oil. Then add the tomatoes cucumber and oranges and add house dressing as desired.
- Step 2 Place on another medium size mixing bowl, the red onion, mozzarella chives and some house dressing.
- Step 3 Finally, on a large plate or serving tray place the lettuce on the bottom and the onions, mozzarella and chive mixture on top as a sort of garnish.
- Ran the red onion through some cold water to get rid of the bite
- You can use orange segments, grapefruit or tangerine
- If you don’t have cucumber, use pear or apples if you like
For me this salad is the perfect way to celebrate spring and summer, that’s where the name comes from. This salad is about freshness of ingredients, you have been eating fall and winter foods for a few months now and a fresh, crisp and chilled salad is the perfect welcoming for the new seasons.
Just make sure to keep it simple, don’t complicate anything and use just a couple of teaspoons when dressing the greens. Remember the main flavor here comes from all the fresh ingredients you’re using.