PESTO DRESSING RECIPE
Delicious, simple and addictive. Thios pesto dressing can be used in cold pasta salads, warm pasta dishes mixed with alfredo sauce or even on top of meats.
- 2 cups BASIL LEAVES
- ½ cup WALNUTS
- ½ cup PARMESAN CHEESE
- 3 GARLIC cloves
- ½ cup EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- ¾ cup CANOLA OIL
- 1 teaspoon BLACK PEPPER
- SALT to taste
- Step 1 In a food processor start at medium low speed and add the basil leaves, walnuts, parmesan cheese and garlic. Then, slowly add the EVOO and canola oil, finish by adding the salt and black pepper to taste.
- Step 2 Transfer everything to an airtight glass container and use the dressing for up to six days.
- You can use pine nuts instead of walnuts
- Mix some of the dressing with warm cream or warm alfredo sauce for pasta dishes
- You can use this dressing on your capresse salads
- Serve this dressing with any meat, you’ll love it
Pesto is known in Italy as a sauce made in a mortar and pestle, the recipe originated in Genoa but eventually made it across Italy and the world for that matter. The glorious combination of basil, garlic and pine nuts make this dressing one of the most delicious creations ever.
For my recipe I use a food processor, wish I had a mortar and pestle, anyway the result is delicious enough to have me and the girls eating gigantic amounts of pasta every time I make this dressing, which is often. Get your food processor or mortar and pestle, and LET’S GET COOKING!!