JUMBO SHRIMP SALAD
Jumbo shrimp are the best, the bigger the better. Have them grilled and with a fresh greek style salad and vinaigrette, trust me you'll want more.
- 20 Large BROWN JUMBO SHRIMP
- 2 cups of diced WATERMELON
- 1 cup of GRAPEFRUIT SLICES
- 2 HERLOOM TOMATOES cut in small cubes
- 1 cup of FETA CHEESE
- 1 cup GREEK VINAIGRETTE (see recipe)
- 4 limes
- Step 1 Strat by peeling and deveining the shrimp, then grill them for 3 to 5 minutes until fully cooked, don’t forget to season the shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Step 2 Peel and cut the watermelon, choose the best-looking pieces for the salad, try to use the seedless part of it. After that, peel and segment the grapefruit and put it in a mixing bowl. Continue with the heirloom tomatoes by chopping them and mixing them with the grapefruit segments. Finally, cut the feta cheese in small cubes and mix it together with the other ingredients, add about 6 tablespoons of Mediterranean vinaigrette and mix everything gently.
- Step 3 To build the salad, get a rectangular plater and place some pieces of watermelon on the plate, after that lay the shrimp next to the watermelon and top everything with the tomato salad. Finish by pouring some more Mediterranean dressing on top and garnish with lime wedges.
- Use fresh shrimp, the biggest you can find, take the time to peel then and deveined them, trust me the flavor is worth it.
- If you like spicy food try grilled blackened shrimp
- Use different color of heirloom Tomatoes they taste different
- You can add some olives if you like them
- Make the vinaigrette with some days in advance, the flavor gets better with time
This jumbo shrimp salad is one of my favorite things to have during summer, must be the freshness of the ingredients plus the mediterrenean flavors of the vinaigrette that combine so well with grilled shrimp. If you don’t have a grill go ahead and seare the shrimp on a cast iron skillet, that smokiness of the cast iron is going to give your shrimp that extra flavor. You can also add grilled octopus or calamari to this recipe and the result will be amazing.
Get your grill or skillet ready and LET’S GET COOKING!!