GRILLED OCTOPUS SALAD
Grilled Octopus salad with red pepper aioli on top a avocado, onion, tomato and red potato. There's nothing else you need to know to atrt making this wonderfull dish.
- 2 baby OCTOPUS
- ¼ teaspoon GARLIC POWDER
- ¼ teaspoon SALT
- 2 Cooked POTATOES
- 2 smashed AVOCADOS
- 2 LIMES
- 2 SCALLIONS
- ½ sliced RED ONION
- 1 sliced TOMATOE
- 1 cup of QUESO FRESCO cut in small cubes
- 1 cup ROASTED RED PEPPER AIOLI
- BALSAMIC GLAZE
- EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- Step 1 First you must prep the baby octopus. Start by removing the beak using a sharp small knife and cutting around the beak, discard it.
- Step 2 Then, get a pot with water, carrot, celery, onion, bay leaves and a wine cork, when the water starts boiling drop the baby octopus and let it cook for 35 min at medium high heat.
- Step 3 After the octopus is cooked move it to an ice bath or running cold water to chill. Finish by cutting the tentacles and placing them in a medium size mixing bowl, season the tentacles with some olive oil, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Step 4 Go ahead and grill the tentacles in a hot cast iron grill for about 4 minutes, just enough to get some color and flavor on them.
- Step 5 To build the salad, get a serving plate, place some avocado at the bottom, then some red onion, tomatoes and potatoes, place the grill octopus on top and cover with roasted red pepper aioli, the plate can be garnish with feta cheese, balsamic glaze, aioli and olive oil. Served immediately, the octopus is delicious while hot.