FRENCH COUNTRY SALAD RECIPE
French country salad is my idea of what people would eat in Spring in France.
- 2 cups of ARUGULA
- 2 cups of SPINACH
- 20 ASPARAGUS
- 20 GRAPE TOMATOES cut in half
- 2 large cooked and chilled BEETS
- 16 slices of BRIE
- ½ cup of toasted ALMONDS
- 1 cup of DIJON VINAIGRETTE (see recipe)
- Step 1 Start by placing the spinach and arugula in a mixing bowl, then add some extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper and mix everything very well. Then transfer the greens to a serving bowl, add a little Dijon vinaigrette, place the asparagus on top, follow with the beets, grape tomatoes and almonds.
- Step 2 Garnish with the brie slices, maybe 4 or 5 per salad, add some more Dijon vinaigrette, evoo and finish with salt and pepper.
- The fastest way to prep the beets is by boiling them in salted water for 30 to 40 minutes, depending on the size of the beets, chilled them quickly by putting them on an ice bath, and you can keep them in the fridge until you need them
- Brie cheese come in a small round package, the best way to cut it is getting it cold
- You can grill the asparagus and it totally changes the salad
Every season brings ingredients and preprations to your table, and spring is the season that brings arugula, lettuce, asparagus, tomatoes, beans, beets, zucchini and more. Take advantage of what you have in hand and make delicious recepies with those ingredients. Trust me it will be less expensive, you’ll help local farmers and changing up the menu at home keeps your family enjoying your cooking.
I highly recommend you to make this salad with a housemade Dijon vinaigrette, it’s just the perfect complement to all those ingredients on the salad.
Get everything ready and LET’S GET COOKING!!!