DIJON VINAIGRETTE RECIPE
Super easy and simple classic vinaigrette, perfect for bibb lettuce and hearty veggies. A must know for any cook.
- 3 tablespoons DIJON MUSTARD
- 3 tablespoons APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
- 1 teaspoon SALT
- ⅛ tsp BLACK PEPPER
- 1/2 cup EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- Step 1 In a medium size mixing bowl, add the Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper, mix well and then drizzle slowly the olive oil.
- Step 2 Transfer to a glass container and use it within 12 days.
- Add some dry herb to play with the flavors
This Dijon vinaigrette is as simple as a vinaigrette can be. This is a traditional French preparation used in many salads with seasonal ingredients like Bib lettuce, brie cheese, almonds, green beans and tomatoes. You can find the recipe for my French Country Salad right here.
Dijon is a small town in Burgundy and of course they make Dijon mustard since centuries ago, more or less the 1800’s. Burgundy is also known as one the best wine producing regions in the world, so when we talk about Dijon and Burgundy, we are getting as close to French culture as we can get. Dijon mustard is used in many preparations, from dressings, vinaigrettes, sauces and even just as a condiment. If you haven’t had Rotisserie Chicken with just Dijon mustard, you’re missing out in life.
Anyway, you should try making this vinaigrette and also make the French Country salad I was telling about before, you’ll be amazed that the pungency of the mustard goes away whit a high quality olive oil and complements really well any veggie or soft fatty cheese like brie.
Go ahead and try this one, LET’S GET COOKING!!!