Delicious Carnitas or pulled pork salad with a spicy southwest dressing full of flavor and some kick with jalapenos.
- 1 shredded ICEBERG LETTUCE
- 2 TOMATOES
- 2 SCALLIONS
- 1 AVOCADO
- 1 cup of cooked RED BEANS
- 1 lbs. PULLED PORK or CARNITAS
- TORTILLA STRIPS
- 2 ROASTED CORN
- 1 cup SPICY SOUTHWEST DRESSING
- Step 1 Start with the lettuce in a mixing bowl, add the tomatoes, avocado, beans and some spicy southwest dressing, mix all and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Step 2 Go ahead and top the lettuce with the pork and roasted corn, pour some more dressing on top of the pork and garnish with tortilla strips.
GET THE DRESSING RECIPE RIGHT HERE: SPICY SHOUTWEST DRESSING
RUSTIC POTATO SALAD
Rustic Potato salad is a family favorite great for any occasion. Make some next time you have a bbq party or just some great fried chicken with gravy.
- 4 RED POTATOES cooked
- 1 CARROT
- 1 cup SWEET PEAS
- 1 CELERY stalk
- ½ cup PLAIN YOGURT
- 1 cup MAYONAISSE
- ¼ GREEN BELL PEPPER
- ¼ RED BELL PEPPER
- Step 1 Start by cutting the potatoes in 8 or 12 pieces each and place them in a large mixing bowl. Continue by chopping the carrot, celery, chives, green and red peppers in small pieces and throw them in the mixing bowl as well. Add the sweet peas, mayo and yogurt, mix well, taste for salt and pepper and add accordingly.
- Step 2 Transfer to a serving tray or Pyrex container to save for later.