BEAN AND QUINOA SALAD RECIPE
Beans are a great source of vegetable protein, make sure to cook them properly.
- 1 cup of Grilled CORN off the cob
- 1 cup of sliced RADISHES
- ¾ cup CILANTRO leaves
- 1 cup of cooked and chilled QUINOA
- ¾ cup of cooked and chilled SWEET PEAS
- ¾ cup of cooked and chilled FABA BEANS
- ½ cup of cooked and chilled CHICKPEAS
- ¾ cup of cooked and chilled LENTILS
- 1 cup ARTICHOKE HEARTS
- 2 tablespoons SALT
- 1 cup of LEMON HONEY VINAIGRETTE (see recipe)
- 1 AVOCADO sliced
- Step 1 Start by taking the corn out of the cob and placing it into a large mixing bowl. Then, add the radishes, cilantro, quinoa, sweet peas, fava beans, chickpeas, lentils, artichoke hearts and salt. Be generous with the salt because most of grains are not cooked with salt and they are bland. Continue by adding the lemon honey vinaigrette and mix well, be gentle when mixing, you don’t want to end up with a mashed grain salad.
- Step 2 Finish by transferring the salad to a serving platter and when ready to serve garnish it with avocado and chives.
- Pour some lemon honey vinaigrette on top of the avocado slices to prevent browning
- Have all the beans ready and chilled
- You can cook large quantities of beans and keep them frozen for other recipes
- Use freshly grilled corn, the flavor is amazing
This recipe comes from one of those times I was looking to eat healthy and trying to detox my body. You know, we all go thru those phases were we want to change the way we look and feel about ourselves, but then we realize that to be instagram beautiful we have to stop eating and start working out 6 hours a day, which in reality for a parent nowdays is impossible.
Not to complain or anything, I still think that we can eat better and be healthy on our own terms, and with the right guidance in the right time, we can achieve excellent results.
Well, comming back to the recipe, this is a super salad packed with vegetable protein, fiber, good fat and most important, is full of flavor and deliciousness. Quinoa is one of those new superfoods, grains and beans have always given us a great source of protein and why not throw some avocado, radishes and Lemon Honey Vinaigrette.
Just make sure that you cook the beans in advance and please look for instructions in cooking times for beans, they could vary. Also, on good tip I have for you is not to cook your beans and grains with salt because they will get hard and mess up your result.