BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE RECIPE
Very easy and simple, one of the most basic vinaigrettes there is. Also, delicious with mixed green and goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon SUGAR
- ¼ cup BALSAMIC VINEGAR
- 2 teaspoons DIJON MUSTARD
- ¼ teaspoon SALT
- ¼ teaspoon PEPPER
- 1 cup EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 2 teaspoons chopped CHIVES
- Step 1 In a blender at medium high-speed start placing the sugar, balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard. Then, slowly drizzle the olive oil to make sure everything is emulsified.
- Step 2 Transfer to a container or bowl, add salt and pepper and garnish with fresh chives.
- Step 3 The dressing can be refrigerated and use for up to 12 days.
- Instead of chives, you can use Italian seasoning or your favorite dried herbs to play with the flavor.
The first time I made this Balsamic vinaigrette was at my mom’s house, I was helping her cook for a tea party she was having with her girlfriends. It’s funny how once she realized that I knew how to cook she started to conveniently forget recipes and ran out of ideas all the time. Of course, trying to be a good son I always helped her with recipes and prepping everything for her.
The funny thing is that I found this recipe in a kitchen draw at her house, so she must have made it at some point in her life. The fact is, she was a great cook because we always ate delicious food. So this recipe was in a card, she kept like hundred plus recipe cards scattered in all the drawers in the kitchen, it made me insane, this recipe came from an old French book and it was simple, she had all the ingredients on the fridge and I really didn’t feel like making a big deal out of this tea party. So, I grabbed the recipe card, follow the instructions and voila, there you have it, Balsamic vinaigrette for the everyday salad.
I got to tell you, this balsamic vinaigrette has been with me since that first time and is a staple at my house, my wife uses it all the time and when I see we are about to ran out of it, the ingredients are always there to make more. This recipe is one of those things you will always have in your fridge, our favorite is when we make a simple mix green salad and some goat cheese in there, simply delicious.
Why don’t you go ahead and get the ingredients together and LET’S GET COOKING!!